This US-based global manufacturer leads the automotive aftermarket in the research, development, manufacturing, testing, and supply of brake system components. Over time they amassed a diverse portfolio of parts and products through acquisitions of other leading parts suppliers and most importantly, continuous innovation in the automotive aftermarket space.
Each of its major brand has its own separate website, and all data is fed back and forth between the main corporate website. While the client was in the process of modernizing each site, their greater digital plan required an interactive web portal geared towards its customers, partners, and the automotive aftermarket ecosystem at large. They sought ennVee’s help to design a solution that would enable seamless sharing of product and other technical information to their partners, customers, and ecosystem.
ennVee’s solution included building a portal that would provide access to all product details, search catalog, Technical Bulletins, and various company-related and/or sponsored events. ennVee would also need to re-build the underlying product search engine and catalog database from the ground up.
Build an interactive web portal that will enable the customer to accomplish the following:
Accelerate growth of business with partners and customers
Create an unparalleled customer experience by imparting a digital world of information related to all products, parts, technical bulletins, news, and events
Increase digital presence and the number of active registered users via exclusive access to the portal and eCatalog.
Web Portal At A Glance
ennVee worked closely with the client to build a digital portal solution that caters to its global ecosystem of customers and partners.
Key Features Breakdown
- Provides an overview of the product
- Provides details for new and re-manufactured starters, alternators, and steering systems
- Periodically uploaded by the customer’s Product Engineering team
- Provides details related to any new or updated products, parts, or services
- Articles and write-ups on various parts standards and quality aspects
“News and Events”
- Company and industry-related events
- Filter by georgraphy
- This is the database that contains comprehensive information on the customer’s product portfolio
- Responsive and provides an optimal viewing experience across all types of devices
- Search for parts from the home page itself
- Locate parts via the actual Part Number or VIN number
- Search by selecting options from a drop-down menu, and the vehicle’s category, make, model, or year. Any parts that match the search criteria are subsequently displayed.
- View the details of each part including Engine, Amperage Rating, Fitment Notes, Grade, Voltage, Pulley details, Regulator Plug Position, Rotation Direction, Engine, Grade, Power rating, Starter rotation, Tooth quantity, Voltage etc.
- Multiple images are available to view for each part
- Download technical documentation (PDF files) to any device
- Part details can be printed from any device
- Users can select multiple parts to compare side-by-side in a tabular layout
- Generate a detailed review of each part
- Users can input competitor part numbers to view related parts
- Comprehensive search using criteria like begins with, contains, ends with, and exact match based on the available input. A list of parts matching search criteria is displayed along with a detailed view that can be displayed by selecting each part.
- Any part-related inquiries can be submitted directly through the portal
- REST Web Services
- MS SQL Server
- Magnolia CMS
- Adobe Photoshop
- Apache Tomcat
- Load balanced instances: Development (2), Staging (2), Production (2)
The digital portal is a strategic addition to the portfolio of facilities that the client offers to its global customer and partner ecosystem. A cornerstone of its digital strategy, the portal will enable the customer to provide a seamless omni-channel experience, leading to more business and greater loyalty from both partners and customers. The portal has also been integrated properly with the client’s back-office Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, automatically synchronizing and sending data to each department (Sales, Marketing, etc.).
The digital journey is ongoing and requires continuous tweaks and enhancements to maximize Return on Investment. With this in mind, the portal is scalable, allowing the customer to rapidly introduce new features without disrupting normal business operations.