Integrating Oracle BigMachines (CPQ) Cloud and E-Business Suite to streamline the configure-to-quote-to-order process
The client is a leading manufacturer of physical infrastructure for Data Center, Enterprise, and Industrial environments with operations throughout 112 countries.
The demand for configure-to-order capabilities led the client to transition a major portion of their business to configure-to-order and assemble-to-order (CTO/ATO), while retaining current make-to-stock capabilities for the remainder of the business.
ennVee was asked to deliver a cost-effective solution that would address all business requirements and effectively leverage their investment in IT systems. ennVee proposed an Oracle CPQ-BigMachines-based solution that integrates with their existing Oracle E-Business Suite ERP system.
Our approach was to implement Oracle BigMachines (BM) Quote to Oracle EBS Order Import Process within the client application architecture framework. This would enable CTO/ATO capabilities, thereby streamlining the entire configure-to-quote-to-order process, including product selection, configuration, pricing, quoting, ordering, and approval workflows.
The integration would enable the client to utilize a single set of master product data between both applications and to automatically transfer data between both systems, including header-level quote totals and metadata, product line items, opportunity values, contact data, etc.
ennVee provided a single solution for the entire inquiry-to-order process, reducing duplicate data, generating more accurate sales reporting, and enabling its customers to easily submit orders online, convert quotes to orders, and approve orders through a customized workflow.
- Item Master Outbound Interface between Oracle EBS and Oracle BM
- Item Master related attributes Outbound Interface with Oracle BM
- Model BOM outbound Interface between Oracle EBS and Oracle BM
- Configured Part Item Inbound Interface between Oracle BM and Oracle EBS
- Get Net Price (Distributor Price) in BM CPQ from EBS
- Oracle BM Quote to Oracle EBS Order Import Process
- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12.x
- BigMachines CPQ Cloud
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Forms / Reports / SQL Developer
- Client quotes to customers increased 10-fold, which increased revenue generation by 120%
- Shortened quoting process from 3-7 days to less than one hour
- Sales increased by 400% with zero quote error rates
This was accomplished by:
- Streamlining multiple hand-offs for approval via automated workflow
- Eliminating redundant data re-entry into multiple systems
- Minimizing manual and time-intensive proposal generation
- Maintaining consistent quote and proposal formats
- Automating updates of CRM system with quote and order information
- Tracking quote success rate and improving forecasts and sales reporting
Download the full white paper
Are you experiencing any integration challenges? Do you want to get it right the first time? Let’s talk pain points.