Connect with ennVee at the annual NCOAUG Training Day on March 9th at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.
The annual NCOAUG winter Training Day will be held on Friday, March 9th at the Drury Lane Theatre in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois. This is a great opportunity for Oracle users to network and catch up on the latest Oracle cloud, applications, and IT industry trends through a mix of educational sessions and discussion panels. Continue reading “NCOAUG 2018 Training Day”
A leading manufacturer of commercial printing solutions integrates Oracle EBS and ServiceMax to increase cost savings and time optimization.
The customer provides graphic and precision solutions and is headquartered in Japan with its North America office located in Chicago, IL. They are one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of system components for the prepress and printing industries worldwide.
After implementing ServiceMax to manage their after-sales operations, the customer needed to integrate ServiceMax with its back-office Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) system. The customer needed ennVee’s help to create a holistic solution, enabling the seamless and automated exchange of data between Oracle E-Business Suite and ServiceMax.
Build interfaces between Oracle E-Business Suite and ServiceMax to automatically:
- Send and receive all order information to process the order in Oracle Order Management.
- Synchronize the work order information in both systems.
- Handle all errors, exceptions, or reconciliation requirements.
ennVee developed interfaces to connect Oracle E-Business Suite and ServiceMax, and designed a custom solution to automate the following processes:
- Raising and Tracking Service Requests in ServiceMax, and integrating the requests with Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Maintaining parts prices in sync across both systems.
- Sending Work Order information to ServiceMax.
- Creating labor orders in Oracle Order Management before processing them for invoicing.
- Validating the order, returning used parts to inventory, and taking the line to closure in Oracle E-Business Suite.
Eight key business process functionalities were addressed:
- A work order is entered into ServiceMax and a sales order is entered in Oracle E-Business Suite whenever there is request from a customer for parts installation.
- A sales order entered into Oracle E-Business Suite will contain the quantity of the order placed and picked by the Engineer.
- An interface sends the information to ServiceMax, and the work order number in ServiceMax is updated along with the parts that are selected for installation.
- After the installation is done at customer site, labor and expense charges are entered in ServiceMax for the respective work order.
- Information is brought into Oracle E-Business Suite to create a sales order for the invoices and labor charges.
- The Engineer inputs the parts used during installation into the work order and completes the work order.
- This information is also brought into Oracle E-Business to perform a back order for any unused parts and to close the order line.
- There is an interface that runs daily to synchronize the prices of the parts in Oracle E-Business and ServiceMax, and sends over any parts that have undergone a price change or were recently added (new parts).
We designed and built four interfaces that would provide the various functionalities required by the customer.
- Interface 1 – Outbound from Oracle EBS (to extract the parts and pricing information to be sent to ServiceMax). Data will be extracted from Oracle EBS into a .CSV file, which will be sent to an inbound ServiceMax server via FTP.
- Interface 2 – Outbound from Oracle EBS. Whenever a service request is raised for installation of parts, a sales order is created in Oracle EBS. This order will have customer information, work order number, parts (items number), quantity, price, engineer bin location, shipped quantity, picked quantity, etc. All of this information is extracted and sent to ServiceMax via .CSV file.
- Interface 3 – Inbound to Oracle EBS. An Order for Labor charge will be entered in ServiceMax and sent to Oracle EBS for a sales order creation. After, a sales order for the labor/service charges will be created in Oracle EBS and invoice-ready.
- Interface 4. The engineer will enter the parts used and all detailed information when the work order number is closed in ServiceMax. This information will be pushed to Oracle EBS, similar to the work order number, parts consumed, closing comments, work order closed date, etc.
As a result of the new integration between ServiceMax and Oracle E-Business Suite, the customer benefitted immensely from a cost savings and time optimization standpoint. With an automated process for raising, tracking, and accessing Service Requests in Oracle E-Business Suite, the customer was able to reduce operational costs, nearly eliminating any manual intervention in the Service Request process. Automating the flow of data between systems enabled drastic business growth and yielded a faster exchange of data across the system.
Visit our website for additional case studies.
ennVee will be attending this year’s Midwest Higher Education User Group (MIDHEUG) conference from October 12th-13th at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL.
ennVee will be attending this year’s Midwest Higher Education User Group (MIDHEUG) conference from October 12th-13th at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL. This is the first year that we are attending, and we look forward to connecting.
The Midwest Regional User Group (MIDHEUG) is a HEUG online community that includes Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. The annual Alliance conference will bring together higher education institutions in the region who use Oracle applications/technology.
We will highlight our current business intelligence initiatives and Oracle Discoverer migrations for colleges and universities across the US. If you’re attending, stop by our booth and pick up some freebies.
Register to attend at https://www.heug.org/e/in/eid=349
Oracle has announced the latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite, R12.2.7.
September 8th, 2017
Oracle has announced the latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite, R12.2.7. Download and installation information can be found here.
Continue reading “Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.7 Available Now”